Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time for another blog....

I'll start out with knitting....
I've been working on Monkey like crazy for the past few days. I knitted all day yesterday! I'm working on the foot right now, if all goes well I hope to be done with the first sock today. My very first sock!! I've been using Knit Picks new sock yarn Risata in Grass. It's a really nice yarn. It's very soft, and has a nice stretch to it. I was able to get the proper gauge for this pattern with #2 dpns, which I was really happy about. I always get a little nervous substituting a different yarn in a pattern...which is odd because I don't think I've ever knit a pattern with the yarn it called for. The only complaint I have about the yarn is that it's easy to split the stitch. I think that has something to do with the stretchiness of it, and I really only ran into problems with it when I was turning the heal.


Please ignore the pet hair in all my pictures, I have 3 dogs and 2 cats...it's kind of unavoidable.

I've already got big plans for my next project. This week I plan to order Math Whiz, Smoking Sock (I couldn't find a good picture on knitspot's site, so I linked to the etsy one), and Delicato from Knit Spot. As soon as I'm done with Monkey, I will start on Math Whiz. I'm planning to use some really pretty handpainted merino sock yarn in Specked Pear that I bought from Whorled Peace on Esty.


Just for fun, here's a skein of handspun yarn that I have no idea what I'm going to do with. It's also from Whorled Peace, and it's gorgeous.


Oh...I'm super excited right now because I placed a custom order with Pigeonroof Studios, and its going to be listed today. I'm ordering her superwash sock yarn in Poison and Seaweed. I will provide linkies when they are listed. Seriously...I can't wait. I feel like it's Christmas.

Here are some long overdue pictures of Twiggy Tweed. The yarn is from Peace Fleece.




On to other things...
Last night the hubby and I went to eat at a new Sushi restaurant with a couple of friends. The place was awesome. The food was just as good as our regular haunt, but the selection was 1000x better. They had tons of stuff. I think it took us 20 minutes to figure out what we wanted. All in all I was very pleased. It's a bit farther away...over the river...but it will be worth the drive, and I plan to go back soon.

I have a new blooming Paph. It's my Paph Barbatum. It's not completely open yet, so it was kind of hard to get a good picture.

No comments: