Sunday, July 22, 2007

Knitting adventures

I finished Twiggy Tweed last Friday. As I suspected, the cats did not leave it alone while it was blocking, but they didn't hurt anything. I really love the way it came out. The lining ended up being way to big even though I followed the instructions, but I made it work. Also, I skipped the magnetic snap because the pattern said it was optional. When I finished it, I realized that the snap wasn't really optional (at least for me) because the bag hung open without it. Since I didn't want to take it apart, and I didn't have a magnetic snap on hand, I improvised with one snap from a yard of snap tape that I had laying around. I hope it holds up well.

I tried to start on Coupling, but it didn't work out so well. I think I was completely baffled by knitting it from the toe up, and it was just a bit too difficult for a first pair of socks. So, I started on Monkey yesterday, and it's going great. I've already gotten a few inches done on the first sock; it's really going pretty quick. Maybe once I finish Monkey, I will have a better understanding of how to construct socks, and maybe then I will be able to tackle Coupling.

I mentioned that my Neo. var. Shutennou was in bloom and that I would post pictures. Here they are as promised.



No comments: