Saturday, September 22, 2007

travelling and knitting

I spent Tuesday night through Friday morning in Ft. Worth. Despite living in Dallas for several years, I had never been to Ft. Worth. I keep hearing how wonderful Ft. Worth is from everyone I work with (we have an office there), but I have to admit, I just don't get it. Downtown was neat, but not neat enough to move there for. I think the things I really liked the most about it were JenningStreet Yarn, Kalamata Restaurant (in our hotel), and Reata Restaurant. The yarn store was the best. To me it's just another city. I've never understood how people get all enamored with a city, it's just a city. You will get bored there too. Eventually the newness wears off, and you end up enamored with another city. Anyway, I still like Dallas more. We visited with my Dad, and then we visited with Mike's sister in Arlington. I liked that area, it was a nice suburb. But, it wasn't really anything extraordinary. It had most of the same types of stores we have. It did have more restaurants, but that's to be expected. It just seemed like a nice place to live. I would be happy living there, well, except that I hear they have tornadoes, and tornadoes freak me out. All in all, we had a really nice trip, but we were ready to get home. We really missed all of our animals.
I'm still plugging away on my Japanese Feather Scarf. It's coming along great, and I'm really enjoying it. My kit arrived for the Honeybee Stole last Saturday, and I can't wait to start on it, however, I am forcing myself to wait until I finish either my Math Whiz socks or Japanese Feather Scarf. I hate to admit this, but my poor Math Whiz socks have been very neglected since I started on my scarf. But I will finish them. I came home from Ft. Worth to find my Fall Interweave Knits waiting for me. I absolutely fell in love with the sweater on the cover. So, I ordered the yarn, and I will start working on that soon as well. I ordered the Berroco Peruvia that the pattern called for, but I ordered the Sea Turtle color instead. Wow, my to knit list is getting huge! Once I finish off what I am working on, I think I will work on Honeybee and the sweater at the same time. Of course I also want to knit the Delicato Mitts. Hmmm...maybe I can have three projects going at once (I usually set myself a limit of 2).

Anyway, that's all.....time to go water the plants.

No comments: