Saturday, September 15, 2007

Boozing and knitting

I am so happy it's the weekend. Although I really need to work on our banking (balancing the accounts, entering and filing receipts, general yucky stuff), I'm glad I can do it at home in my pjs and sleep as late as I want.

It seems to be cooling off outside; there is actually a cool breeze in the mornings. When I say cooling off, I mean it's getting semi bearable outside. It's in the low 90s instead of the high 90s or low 100s.

Our company had a party Thursday night. It was a ton of fun, however I learned a very important lesson...drinking yourself stupid on a week night is NOT a good idea. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but it seems like a horrible idea when your alarm clock goes off the next morning. It's okay though, pretty much everyone was trashed, so we all got to be miserable together yesterday. Consequently, last night I fell asleep on the couch at 9pm, and stumbled to bed around 10. I haven't been to bed that early in a looong time (since maybe middle school). Midnight has been my normal bedtime for years.
I got a new betta fish. They were table arrangements at the party, and I took one home with me. I was pretty impressed with myself, even though I was drunk, I was able to pick one of the prettiest ones (of course that was all before the after party, which is where my drinking really picked up). So, that brings me back up to two betta fish again.
I've been trying to find myself a new signature drink lately. I used to drink dirty martinis (Bombay sapphire only), but last New Years Eve I had a wee accident with about 7 of them (that's according to the people I went out with because I thought I only had 5), and now I can't stomach gin. So, I am on the hunt for a new drink. I've pretty much fallen in love with Patron, which is kind of strange because I had a wee accident with tequila (my first drinking accident) when I was 17. I guess I'm over it. I would like to add a disclaimer, when I say wee drinking accident, I don't mean I had to go to the hospital or anything serious like that, I just mean that I ended up sick. So, lately I've been drinking Top shelf margaritas. I wish I would have fallen in love with a cheaper alcohol, because drinks involving Patron are not cheap. I only drink margaritas when I'm out and about (which is not that often...I prefer to stay home and knit). If I even drink when I'm at home, I have a glass of red wine. I've really enjoyed Bohemian Highway Cabernet Sauvignon lately. It's a cheap wine, I got it at World Market for $5 or $6, but it's really good. Mike even loves it, and he's pretty particular about his wine. And it's from California, we don't usually do American wines. Our tastes are usually European....Spain or France. Anyway...it's good. If you are looking for a good cheap wine, try Bohemian Highway. They also have a Merlot and Chardonnay which we have not tried yet.

Ok...on to knitting. I'm still working on the Math Whiz Socks and Japanese Feather Scarf. Anne has a new kit she is working on with Wooley Wonka Fibers for October that I'm probably going to purchase. It's a pair of mits that have a tree and snow lace theme. Kind of a Christmas type theme. She wrote a couple of blogs about them that included in progress photos here and here. My Honey Bee kit should be arriving today! I'm really excited about it. I ordered the Tupelo Gold colorway, and in pictures it looks gorgeous. I hope the mail man gets here soon!

The new Knitty is up! So far I love Roam, Urchin, Totally Autumn, and Woodins.

I think that's about all. Sorry there aren't any pictures today. I'll try to post some soon.

No comments: