Sunday, August 19, 2007

impulse buys, knitting, and a little bit of emo

Continuing with the impulse shopping, here's my newest etsy purchase:



honeybee

There is a 2-4 week turn around on it because she makes it to your size, but I think it will be worth it. I'm soooo excited about this ring....I know its just a ring, and I shouldn't be this excited about a ring, but I am. I love it. Oh..and I also really need to get one of those sea urchin skeletons, they look really cool. I can remember seeing them as a kid at stores when we were at the beach, but for some reason I never bought one. I think maybe I thought they were creepy, but I have since embraced creepy....I guess. I seem to remember they were sort of fragile, maybe I was just worried about breaking it.

Here are the completed Monkeys:



Pattern: Knitty's Monkey
Yarn: Knit Picks Risata in Grass
Needles: #2 Clover 7in DPNs

I now really want to knit these mitts, but I think I am going to make her delicato mitts first, mostly because I already have the pattern. As far as I can tell, her patterns are awesome. I am working on the Math Whiz socks, and they are going great. The pattern is easy to follow, and well written. Plus, her blog is fun to read and it has lots of pretty pictures.

On an unhappy note:
I have mentioned that I am going through a hard time lately. I don't really want to air my dirty laundry on a blog, but since I have alluded to it already, I might as well give you the gist. My parents are getting a divorce after 30 years of marriage. It sounds simple stating it like that, but its not. I really don't want to go into details about the whole situation, so we will leave it at that.

No comments: