Friday, December 21, 2007

Stranded

My Endpaper Mitts are coming along nicely. I just started on the thumb gusset. I've gotten used to using 2 strands of yarn, and I think I'm getting a lot faster at it. Here's a new picture of my progress.

These mitts have opened up a whole new realm of knitting for me. I've now started scouring Ravelry for more stranded glove patterns. So far I've found 4 that I really want to knit: Corazon, the Anemoi Mittens, the Squirrelly Swedish Mittens, and the Norwegian Snail Mittens. I think the squirrels will be my next project...along with my Chevron Scarf. Ooo...but I'm also looking forward to Anne's cashmere mitts. Gah...so many to choose from. My Ravelry queue is huge.

In other news, my Phrag Silver Eagle is blooming. The flower isn't completely open, but of course I have pictures. Pictures were a bit difficult to take because the petals are still pretty closed up which caused a lot of shade on the rest of the flower, but you get the idea.



I've also included a picture that was taken with the flash. The flash flattened everything out a bit, but you can see the color better when I use it.

This is my first blooming Phrag so I'm really excited about it.

I also have a couple of shots of my N. rafflesiana. It's been pitchering reliably for the past few months. See...sometimes you can grow lowlanders on a window sill. Oh, and the hair stuck on it is from my pets. When you have 3 dogs and 2 cats, hair gets stuck on everything.




That's all for today...enjoy

1 comment:

knitspot anne said...

i LOVE the colors in your endpaper mitts!