Saturday, December 1, 2007

Knitting and Movies

I've been knitting like crazy lately. The Snow on Cedars Mitts are finished, and I'm now working on the Bellatrix Socks (the site the Bellatrix pattern is on is currently disabled, so the only link I can give is the Ravelry link). I've already finished the first sock, and am about a quarter of the way through the second, but I haven't taken any pictures yet. Actually, I'm really behind on pictures, I still need to take pictures of my completed Orchid Mitts and Snow on Cedars Mitts. In my defense, I tried to take pictures earlier this week, but I took a couple and my camera battery died. So...I'm hoping I can get my husband to help me take pictures today. I've been delaying the mitts pictures because I would really like to have pictures of me wearing them instead of them just laying out, and I will need my husband to help me with that. I just feel bad asking him to stop what he's doing to help me take pictures for Ravelry and my blog. We both work full time, and by the end of the day, we don't actually get very much time to do the things we enjoy doing. I feel bad pulling him away from his hobbies to help me take pictures of mine. Plus...think of all the knitting I could do in the amount of time it takes to get really good pictures! ;)

I'm already planning my next project. I'm having trouble deciding between the Pomatomus Socks and the Endpaper Mitts. I've never really done any colorwork so I'm leaning towards the mitts, but I have the perfect yarn for a pair of Pomatomus socks. Hmm...decisions decisions. I guess I will see how I feel when I get done with Bellatrix. I could always start them both *evil smile*.

We watched Perfume: The Story of a Murderer last night.
It's an awesome movie, I highly recommend you see it. It's a bit unusual, but very good. I found out after we watched it that it was based on a book. So, now I'm hoping I will get the book for Christmas. Books are always better than the movies. Speaking of movies, I can't wait until Sweeney Todd comes out this month. I saw the play several years ago at The Pocket Theater in Dallas and loved it. Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, and Helena Bonham Carter will do wonderful things for this story.


Enough rambling from me. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out those yarns you told me about!! I can't wait to see Sweeney Todd, Helena Bonham Carter is such a trip, but I love her!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I had a question about the Japanese Feather Scarf that you made. It's so beautiful! What size needles did you knit that on and how did you block it (I see the edges are wavy)? Thanks!

MissMorbus said...

christine:
I used US 8 needles. The pattern makes the edges wavy, so I just pinned around the waves..I hope that makes sense. Anne includes pictures on how to block it with the pattern, and those helped me a lot.